Swift

How to start IELTS Writing Task 2

Here are some useful headers that you can use at start in your Writing Task 2 . Hopefully these will help you best to think broader.


Expressing Views
I would argue that
I firmly believe that
It seems to me that
I tend to think that
People argue that
Some people think/say that
It is understood that
It is generally accepted that

Refuting an ArgumentI am unconvinced that
I don’t believe that
It is hard to accept that
There is little evidence to support the……
It is unjustifiable to say that

DefiningBy…… I mean
By this I mean
In other words
That is to say
To be more precise
Here I’m (not) referring to

Providing SupportFor example
For instance
A good example of this is
Indeed
In fact
Of course
If this were the case
Firstly
Naturally
In my experience
Let me illustrate

Presenting
First of all…
I’d like to begin with
Secondly/ Then
I’d like to move on to…
Not forgetting the matter of
Before we go any further, let us look at
Last but not least there’s
To summarise,
To conclude

Generalising
Generally speaking,…
There are in the region of …
On the whole
As a rule

Emphasising
What we really need are.

You Might Also Like

0 comments