Swift

IELTS Letter Writing: You recently signed a lease to an apartment. After moving in you found that the cracks in the ceiling let the rain in damaging your antique collections

IELTS Letter Writing: You recently signed a lease to an apartment. After moving in you found that the cracks in the ceiling let the rain in damaging your antique collections of vinyl music records. Write a letter to the landlord reagrding this issue and state the remedies you want. Start the letter with Dear Sir,
 ---------------------------------------------
Dated: January 1, 2011

Dear Sir,

Subject: Damage Of Antique Goods Due To Faulty Ceiling.

I am writing this letter with reference to the apartment located on the first floor, AIT Casanova Building, 187
Limpson Street, Brisbane, and leased by me with effect from October 1st, 2009.
Last night, I had left an open box of my vinyl music records on the center table of the main hall before
going to bed. I was in the process of cataloging and archiving them for my collection. This morning I
discovered that water from last night's rain had seeped through the cracks in the ceiling and dropped on
these records, damaging them permanently. These records are antique, one-of-a-kind and therefore
priceless.

I have some other pieces of furniture that are similarly highly priced. I do not wish to see them damaged
because of any faulty construction. I am also concerned that the resultant mildew and mould may pose
health hazards.

I, therefore, ask you to arrange to rectify the fault in the ceiling within the next thirty days, failing which I
shall be forced to take legal redress. I am enclosing digital images of the leaking ceiling and the damaged
records for your perusal. I also require compensation for these records and would be happy to forward you
copies of the valuation certificates.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

Eric Clapton

OTHER LETTERS MAY BE OF INTEREST:


IELTS Letter 1      IELTS Letter 2      IELTS Letter 3      IELTS Letter 4      IELTS Letter 5  

IELTS Letter 6      IELTS Letter 7      IELTS Letter 8     IELTS Letter 9       IELTS Letter 10 

IELTS Letter 11    IELTS Letter 12    IELTS Letter 13   IELTS Letter 14     IELTS Letter 15  

IELTS Letter 16    IELTS Letter 17    IELTS Letter 18    IELTS Letter 19    IELTS Letter 20   

IELTS Letter 21

You Might Also Like

0 comments