Swift

Write a letter to your employer.

You are due to start a new job next week but you will not be able to because you have some problems.

Write a letter to your employer. In your letter

  • explain your situation.
  • describe your problems.
  • tell him/her when you think you can start.

You should write at least 150 words.

Dear Mr. Simpson

I am writing concerning the post of English Teacher that I am due to start next Tuesady. However a problem has arisen.

As you know, I am cxurrently working for my uncle's retail business, and you will remember from my interview that I have gained vallueable work experience there. Unfortunately he has had to go to hospital for an operation, leaving my aunt in charge of both the home and business. She has asked me, as this is a particularly busy time of year, to stay on and help her with the running of this office.

I realize this will be inconvenient to you, but very much hope that, given the circumstances, you would be prepared to allow me to take up my position with you two weeks later than planned.
I would like to emphasize that I remain very keen to work with you, and that I will be gaining further useful experience during this time.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Bob Wilmer

OTHER LETTERS MAY BE OF INTEREST:


IELTS Letter 1      IELTS Letter 2      IELTS Letter 3      IELTS Letter 4      IELTS Letter 5  

IELTS Letter 6      IELTS Letter 7      IELTS Letter 8     IELTS Letter 9       IELTS Letter 10 

IELTS Letter 11    IELTS Letter 12    IELTS Letter 13   IELTS Letter 14     IELTS Letter 15  

IELTS Letter 16    IELTS Letter 17    IELTS Letter 18    IELTS Letter 19    IELTS Letter 20   

IELTS Letter 21

You Might Also Like

0 comments