Swift

Local club membership cancellation

For the past year you have been a member of a local club. Now you want to discontinue your membership.
Write a letter to the club secretary. In your letter
- state what type of membership you have and how you have paid for this;
- give details of how you have benefited from the club;
- explain why you want to leave.

This task was taken from the book Insight into IELTS Extra, with Answers: The Cambridge IELTS Course Workbook (Cambridge Books for Cambridge Exams) by Vanessa Jakeman, Clare McDowell

Dear Mr. Jones,

I regret to inform you that I have to discontinue my membership at your Golden Hook Fishing Club.

I joined the Club 1 year ago and the benefits from the participation exceeded the fee. Round tables and lectures of famous fishermen were absolutely brilliant. Moreover, discounts on the equipment in sports gear shops helped me to save money. The last but not the least, your monthly illustrated magazine was a precious treat to me.

Unfortunately I have to move to another country because my father, living in France, is in a desperate health condition. I must acknowledge that continuing the membership in your Club is no longer an option to me.

I have paid the last year fee by my credit card and its details are in your database. Because of stated above I would like to ask you not to charge me for the following year. I hope that in the future I will have an opportunity to recommence having advantages of participation in your Club.

Sincerely yours,
Anna Frank

OTHER LETTERS MAY BE OF INTEREST:


IELTS Letter 1      IELTS Letter 2      IELTS Letter 3      IELTS Letter 4      IELTS Letter 5  

IELTS Letter 6      IELTS Letter 7      IELTS Letter 8     IELTS Letter 9       IELTS Letter 10 

IELTS Letter 11    IELTS Letter 12    IELTS Letter 13   IELTS Letter 14     IELTS Letter 15  

IELTS Letter 16    IELTS Letter 17    IELTS Letter 18    IELTS Letter 19    IELTS Letter 20   

IELTS Letter 21

You Might Also Like

0 comments