Swift

IELTS Letter Writing: Write a letter to the director of student services

You have lost your student ID card. You need this card to get discounts on transport and at the cinema, and to use the college library. You also need it as a proof of identity to withdraw money from the bank.

Write a letter to the director of student services. In your letter
1) Introduce yourself and explain why you are writing
2) Explain your situation and why you need a replacement ID card
3) Request a new card as soon as possible
You do NOT need to write any address. Begin your letter as follows. Dear Sir/Madam,

------------------------------------------
SAMPLE ANSWER.
 

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to inform you that I lost my student ID card yesterday and to request for a new card to be issued as quickly as possible. There are reasons as to why I need a new card by the end of this week.

I live in the outer suburbs and depend on local transport i.e. both trains and buses to get to classes everyday. I also need a student card to be able to borrow library books to complete my assignments. Less importantly, I cannot afford to go to cinema unless you provide me a card to avail student concessions. 


Most importantly, however, I use the card as a proof of identification when withdrawing money from the bank. As the closing day of this week I have to pay rent for the next month and so I will have to withdraw a large amount of money to this issue. I pay the rent by bank cheque so the bank will require the proof of Identification.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Yours faithfully, 


****

OTHER LETTERS MAY BE OF INTEREST:


IELTS Letter 1      IELTS Letter 2      IELTS Letter 3      IELTS Letter 4      IELTS Letter 5 

IELTS Letter 6      IELTS Letter 7      IELTS Letter 8     IELTS Letter 9       IELTS Letter 10

IELTS Letter 11    IELTS Letter 12    IELTS Letter 13   IELTS Letter 14     IELTS Letter 15

IELTS Letter 16    IELTS Letter 17    IELTS Letter 18    IELTS Letter 19    IELTS Letter 20   

IELTS Letter 21

You Might Also Like

0 comments